Tuesday, May 26, 2009

Some news: mixtapes and blogs

Hey hey again.
Alot's been going on since the last post. I got alot of Feedback (mostly positive) about it. Well, I figured it's time to let you know what I have going on. I started an internship at the greatest company on Music Row (shouts to Colton Ent. LLC), and I got a new girl in which things are really picking up. That means free time is a thing of the past now.

1. I'm starting a blog dedicated to reviewing the latest in music, movies, and video games. As bad as things are right now, we could all use some entertainment. I dunno when I'll start it yet. Just be on the look out.

2. Over a year after the release of The Great American Paper Chase and about 6 months since "Tha Best" dropped, I'm finally going back to the studio pretty soon. Here's what I got going on for 2009:
  • The 8-Track - My debut EP. No features, but production credits go to Rob Reed, Snare Jordan, True, Tactik, TeckNiq, Opie, and Bhon of Audio Ink. I'll keep you posted on the tracklist and release date
  • Raw Material - I've been talking about this mixtape since GAPC dropped. Hosted by Mick Boogie, this is gonna be straight out the 90's. Expect features from Black Noize, Verbal Incision, Mark II, KDV and others as well as production from DJ Premier, Rob Reed, MF DOOM, Cold Legistics, and alot more.
  • 6:15 Day Dreamsz - The revolutionary mixtape with my Soundmind brother Black Noize, hosted by the mixtress herself, DJ Legacy. This mixtape will change the face of Nashville Hip-Hop. Most of the production will be handled by Rob Reed and M.I.L. Minded Productions, and features will be from KDV, Hades & Seaizy of I.V.Y. League and Mike Scruggs & PIWA of Rare Breed Ent.
Also, expect collab mixtapes/albums with
  1. KDV
  2. Rob Doe (Tentatively titled "Distant Twinz")
  3. Verbal Incision
  4. GDup (Tentatively titled "Nashville, Ontario")
  5. Bhon of Audio Ink
Much love. Peace
MTK

No comments: